Many people think a “server” is just a more powerful desktop computer, this is not true. A server is engineered to manage, store, send and process data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Servers offer features not typically found in a desktop pc such as:
- Redundant hard disks and/or power supplies
- Hot swappable components
- Saleable to meet current and future needs
- Process data fast and much more efficiently
A server is a small investment but offers your organisation many advantages. If you are working with 5 or more computers on a peer to peer network you would find a server offers many improvements to your working environment such as:
- File and Network Security
- Increased reliability and availability
- Centralised data storage and shared resources
- Centralised backup
- Virus Management across your entire network.
If you would like to find out if your business could benefit or have further questions, please contact us for honest advice about a solution to fit your needs.